How to do Electroplating with Copper Sulfate
Hello friends, we are going how to do copper electroplating using copper sulfate. First, let’s know something about electroplating. Electroplating is the process of plating a metal onto the other by hydrolysis mostly to prevent corrosion of metal or decorative purposes. In this process, an electric current is used to reduce dissolved metal cations to develop a lean coherent metal coating on the electrode. Let’s start with the process.
Step 1 :
- Take a wire, 9v battery cap, and two clips.
- Connect the positive wire of wire to positive wire of battery cap and the negative wire to negative wire to negative wire of cap.
- Now connect black wire to the black clip and red wire to red clip as shown in picture.
Step 2 :
- Take a glass pour water in it.
- Take copper sulfate and pour 100 g of copper sulfate in water and mix it properly.
- Take a nail and clean it properly. Take a copper plate and clean it properly.
- Connect the copper plate to the negative clip and nail to the positive clip.
Step 3 :
- Connect the cap to the battery.
- Put both metals in solution for five minutes.
- The reaction will start just after putting metals into solution.
- You can easily observe the reaction. After five minutes the nail will get the copper coat. See the picture below.
Here the electroplating is done.
I hope you like this. Feel free to comment here. If you have any questions, suggestions for me and ideas, please share with me.
Here we post interesting projects like this and Subscribe to our website and my youtube channel.
Thanks for visiting us.